Sunday, December 27, 2009

Napali Coast

A few weeks ago, Candice and I set out on an adventure to Kauai. We hike the Napali Coast. It is 11 miles in to the gorgeous beach. We had such a fun, crazy adventure the entire 4 days we were there, starting with the lack of preparation the day we got there. So many hilarious things happened (5 hitch hiked rides, ghost stories that freaked us out, "Wild" who showed us pics of him surfing in the 60's, spaghettios, "Spirit" and Andre the seashell men, the naked women, the hidden book store, our makeshift tarp tent, getting rained out, cuddling with the fire and each other, my bulging belly, no buses on Sunday, Bronco fans, $50 change fee, and much more!

































This hike was amazingly gorgeous the entire 11 miles. We found hidden waterfalls, I saw moments of Colorado's beauty mixed with beautiful beaches. Definitely the prettiest hike I have ever done! I highly recommend it to everyone. It took us about 7 hours to hike in and we hiked out in 2 days, stopping halfway.
"Aint about how fast I get there, aint about whats waiting on the other side ... its the climb!"
Thank you Miley Cyrus

Candice....

I enjoyed every step (even if I can't pick up my feet) with you. I love all the adventures we have been on, but I mostly enjoy the journey it takes getting there. Thanks for the memories !!

5 comments:

VictoriaHale said...

Dear Carolyn,

I am EXTREMELY jealous of you and your journeys!!! Miss you!!!

Kera said...

i love living vicariously through your blog. thanks :)

jodie rae said...

I want to be happy for you but I'm too mad that I wasn't there... Sorry. haha But seriously... Can I come out and you take me there?

Na pali coast hike said...

Very informative post. Na Pali Coast is a small part of volcano. Summer is best time for going in Na Pali coast via boat. According to me while going Na Pali best way is road route. You can experience Adventurous hiking trail starts from the Ke`e Beach, sailing and rafting.Kalalau Beach, Kalalau Valley, Na Pali Coast State Park is a amazing.This is a favourite destinations of adventure tourists.

Unknown said...

Um... looks amazing. I wish I could be a part of your journeys and recent memories... Hopefully soon. I seriously need to get my butt to Hawaii don't I. I love ya girlie. I am happy you are loving and living it up in Hawaii.