Monday, October 19, 2009

I have to take a moment out of my busy schedule to talk about what I just ate. I normally don't blog about my food intake (although I should because I love food and I take pride in every bite I have), but what I just consumed was ridiculously delicious. Maybe it was because I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, and I was so hungered after watching my students play racquetball. I was thirsty too-- watching people work out is exhausting. And for the first time in awhile I was working in my office which is a rare occassion (I find it hard to get in work at my office when I don't really have to be here and the beach is screaming at me to come play with him. He doesn't like when I leave him alone, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, so I usually end up hanging out with him rather than working in my office.) Ok, back to my taste buds. So I leave my office to fill up my water bottle and I decide to grab something from the Seasider (food court on campus). I go in and grab an apple. An ordinary Red Delicious apple. It was just washed so it had a little bit of water droplets still on it. This was no ordinary apple. Something about this apple was different. It was sweeter than usual, or crisper, or I don't know. But it was GOOOOD. So good in fact, that I am now procrastinating my time in my office where I was committed to working and answering the 100's of unanswered e-mails of players that want to come to BYU Hawaii to play soccer, watching the DVDs of players highlighting their soccer skills, and planning a practice just so I can share with the blogging community that I had an incredibly scrumptious red apple. I think I can hear the beach crying. I better go cheer him up.

1 comment:

terynmendenhall said...

Red delicious? Realy? The skin is always too thick for me. But I trust you. Apples are like men....good ones are rare but so worth everybite??

Haha, Lame metaphors make me laugh.