Monday, December 13, 2010

Another One Off The Bucket List

Under prepared... but not under determined
Back in August I committed myself into running the Honolulu Marathon. I was totally committed and excited for about 2 months. Then, I kinda got over it. So, for the last month or so I didn't run as much as I should. And I might have kept looking for excuses to get out of it (rain storm, fake injuries, missing the check-in, arriving late day of) but somehow 5am there I was at the starting line (okay actually 5:08 like I said, I was late). Looking around at the herd of cattle, I mean runners, I realized I was a bit out of place. I was not Asian, I was not wearing a fanny pack, a hat, a Disney costume, a Santa suit, a wedding dress, a tribal outfit, I didn't have my camera with me taking pictures every 5 minutes, nor did I have my cell phone with me. I was impressed, I could barely do it in my tank top and shorts. But observing all these people definitely got me through the first have of the race. The last half was pure determination. I was determined to run the entire thing (minus the water stations where I walked), and I did :)
My goal was to complete it in 5 hours. I finished in 4:52.
Of the 20,411 participants I placed 4,880.

It was such an awesome experience. I am so glad that I didn't back out. 26 miles was pretty though tho, I think I am going to stick with half marathons. There is one on the Big Island in March, any one wanna join me?

8 comments:

Michelle Theurer said...

You are my hero!

Kera said...

That is awesome!!! Good job girl!

Taylor said...

you are so amazing! i wish juneau could have run it with you...

Ashley said...

Wooo Wooo!!! That is amazing....you are amazing!! Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I am so proud of you. PS. I love my soccer shirt!

Jimmie-Nichole-Koa-Becks said...

Good Job Tire ! I could never run one alone. I had a hard time running it with a friend. How awesome and especially to do it in Hawaii. Are you going home for Christmas?

terynmendenhall said...

Awesome Lady! I want to do the March one. Lets talk March 1/2 marathon!

Rachel said...

You are CRAZYYYY!! Remember when we had to run for soccer around the school and I would cut and run through the school? ha :) I don't love it. Your amazing. Hey I lost your number cause I got a new phone... Message me it. Hopefully you still have mine. Miss you and love you!!

Clark said...

This comment is a little late, but I just came across this post. CONGRATS on killing it with the Marathon. Well done. well done. Half marathons seem to be more normal.