Friday, November 14, 2008

Conference Champs!

I may not have any kids of my own, but I have 26 girls that are pretty much like my children, so I will brag about them :)
For the second year in a row, my girls (BYUH Womens Soccer) became Conference Champs. We had an amazing run to end the second half of our season with a record of 10-2. It has been such a joy coaching these talented girls. They worked hard all season long, and it paid off.


Winning Conference, we got an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament! This is the first year that BYUH Women's Soccer made an appearance in the tourney. We were bottom seed in our bracket and played UC San Diego. Being the "underdog" team full of freshman and sophomore's we played an incredible game. One of the funnest games I have ever watched/coached. We had players playing bigger than their bodies, and having the game of their lives! Regulation time ended wiith a scoreless game 0-0. First over time ended scoreless as well, second overtime with only a few minutes left, UCSD scored a goal, knocking us out of the tournament. With thoughts of what we could have done better, I couldn't be upset with how my girls played because they gave everything they had, and thats all I could ever ask for as a coach. I am so proud to coach a team full of girls who inspire me to be better and encourage me to be my best.

7 comments:

The Hammonds said...

Congrats Boo! That is so awesome. It's so crazy that we're on the coaching side of it now...not the player side. I miss it. I knew you would be the best coach. I bet the girls have learned so much this year. You're the best.

LOVE YA!

Ashley said...

Congrats on coaching them that far. Playing in the NCAA was awesome to do and there is nothing like it. I know they just adore you and want to be like you as a player and person......so do I :)

terynmendenhall said...

Congrats Love! That's awesome, well done!

jodie rae said...

Yea! Conference Champs! Congrats girl! I totally added you as a friend! So glad you came to Maui again to play with us! We all love you so much!

Alex and Anna said...

they did awesome!!! congratulations games like that are heart breaking but that is great that they played so well. I am sure they LOVE you as a coach. who wouldn't!

jodie rae said...

And your Maui Babes are missing you! It's jodiewinterton@gmail.com! Send away! I can't wait! Loves!

Kera said...

That is so awesome! I bet you are the best coach. I am still crying myself to sleep at night about seattle.