Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big Jet Plane

A few things about me...

I love the sky. The clouds. The colors. The moon. The stars. Sunrises. But mostly Sunsets.

I love soccer. Playing it. Coaching it. Watching it.

I love to travel. Explore new cities, lands, mountains, seas, people.

I love Hawaii. Perfect weather. Ocean. Beaches. Mountains. Palm trees. Sunsets.

***Warning*** I am going to talk about how awesome I think my life is, sorry.

I have been lucky enough to live the dream the past 3 years. I was living in Hawaii, coaching soccer. I can't think of anything that is better. Coaching soccer for BYU Hawaii, where the team was phenomenal. We won Conference 2 out of the 3 years. And last year we not only took 1st in Conference, we took 2nd in Region, and for the first time in BYUH history, we placed in the top 25 finishing 21st in the Nation. I was named Coach of the Year for our Conference. Coaching this team has brought me so much joy. Playing with them was a treat.



Living in Hawaii has been a dream. I love the warm weather. Running on the beach, watching the sunset, playing in the ocean, surfing, hiking to waterfalls, kayaking in the ocean, getting lost in the mountains, swinging on hammocks, jet skiing to remote islands, cliff jumping, sea turtles, playing soccer, laying out with my friends, my ocean view deck, Froyo, Haleiwa Eats, Matsumoto, Malasadas, Impossibles Pizza, acai bowls, Jeeping up to the turbines, Turtle Bay hot tubs, Stairway to Heaven, Napali Coast, Road to Hana, black sand beaches, volcanos, stand up paddling, and camping.





Well... all good things must come to an end... but don't worry, they lead to other awesome opportunities !!

I have decided to no longer coach for BYU Hawaii. Soccer and Hawaii will always be a part of my life along with all of the great friends I left, but I have decided to pursue other dreams. I am now working for SkyWest Airlines working as a Flight Attendant. We fly United and Delta flights. I am based in Portland, Oregon and I am so excited to get to know my new city. It is beautiful here and I have a feeling I will quickly fall in love with this place. Even though I am a bit worried about the winter, I will hopefully make it through.

I have made some amazing friends through this process ... living in a hotel for a month is a definite bonding experience. I am excited for the Adventures we will have and look forward to being reunited in Paris :)

So up to the skies is where I go now! I love my life :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You are the best!

Elsie said...

Big changes for such a little girl;) proud of you sister!

Kera said...

thank you for an update! miss you.

Taylor said...

you should hang out with kathleen. she's still in p-town...

The Hammonds said...

Boo~ I am so happy for you! What an amazing experience for you!! Love your guts! Miss you so much it hurts.