Friday, September 12, 2008

Wow!!!

Did that really just happen???

So, tonight, I was hanging out at my neighbor's house just chillin eating quesadillas, watching Michael Jackson musice videos when all of a sudden a friend called and said someone was ticketing my truck. **side note: I live right across the street from a grocery store and park there during the day, but move my car at night because they tow cars that stay there over night**

So, I run outside, check on my car and luckily, no ticket, but a warning for no overnight parking. It was 11:00pm. For it to be considered over night parking, wouldn't my truck need to be parked there overnight? Just a thought.

Ok, so I move my truck, ask a cop why it had been stickered, he says he didn't do it but to read the signs. I have already read these signs, thats why I don't park there overnight. Duh. Ok, so I oblige and move my truck in front of my house, go back across the street, read the sign, and walk home.

All of a sudden another cop pulls up next to me, flashes his lights, turns on his sirens, and gets out of his car. He asks to see my license, which I dont have because I ran outside so quickly to move my truck that I forgot to grab it. I tell him I dont have it and ask if I did something wrong. He won't say. He asks for my name, height, weight, hair color, eye color, ssn, address, phone number, work number, favorite ice cream..... I again ask what I did wrong, he said JAY WALKING!! And, since he saw me drive and I didnt have my license he could arrest me. I felt like I was being punked! oh but he was nice and didnt arrest me, instead gave me a ticket for Jay Walking!?!? Ha, so nice. Best part, the first cop came over to give back up to his buddy, and jaywalked to us! haha. wow!

So about 30 minutes later after moving my truck which I thought might have been ticketed, I walk back home, with a ticket in my hand......... for jay walking. $70 fine.

where's the aloha spirit???

11 comments:

Ashley Mackay said...

Oh my goodness... if there is one thing I don't miss in Hawaii it is the cops. They are CRAZY there!! That is the most typical Hawaii cop story I have ever heard! I swear they find absolutely anything to keep them busy and entertained.
Besides the craziness of the cops in Hawaii... how are things? Are you living across the street from Foodland in Laie? Are you going to be home for Christmas? If so I think we need a party or something so we can see everyone. What do you think?

Alyssa/Jo said...

LOL! Don't you hate stuff like that?!

Kera said...

Ahh, I am so sorry. Thats lame.

I was SOOOO happy you called. I loved talking to you and can't wait to see you!a

Ashley said...

I cannot believe you got a ticket for Jaywalking!! That is the dumbest thing ever!! Hey I want to see where you live....can you take some pics? Love your guts!! I'm off to Georgia next week...that is where Kyle served.

The Hammonds said...

C-Rae...Seriously.... That could have been the funniest story ever. Cops are such @$!holes. Such a great story though. I needed that to make my day.

It was so good to talk to you. LOVE YA!

The Smaellies said...

this totally sounds like a joke! how terrible! i think i would have taken the parking ticket instead. i didn't even kow cops still ticketed for jaywalking! lame!!!!

terynmendenhall said...

Oh my hell...I'm sorry, but that is too funny. I really hope you pointed out to them that the back up jaywalked. Did u? They are dingy with that aloha spirit.

Jeremy and Sara said...

What the ..... Crazy!!!

Love ya sis :)

Bryce and Katie said...

What jerks! I'm in shock right now, who does that???

Kaylinn said...

I always knew you were a rebel without a cause! Stick it to the man!

Alex and Anna said...

sorry about the ticket?! how is BYU going? man thats so cool your in hawaii!! how is the team doing? are you liking it there? Kera probably told you im helping out the high school team. i have some girls you should get in touch with! i need your email so i can add you to my blog! email me annamiller87@gmail.com!